What is Osteopathy?
It is a drug-free, non-invasive manual therapy that helps improving health by manipulating and strengthening the musculoskeletal framework of the body.
In this we detect, treat and prevent health problems by moving, stretching and massaging patient’s muscles and joints. It is based on the principle of bones, muscles, ligaments and cognitive tissues functioning together.
What are the benefits of osteopathy?
The focus remains reaching to the root cause and symptoms. After the treatment, the patient experiences a reduction in pain and discomfort.
Alleviating pain and discomfort can lead to:
• Improved body function, flexibility, and mobility
• A more restful and deeper sleeping pattern not interrupted by pain.
• An increase in your energy levels
• A reduction in stress levels and muscle tension
• A positive effect on your mood, memory and mental health
• A general improvement to your overall health and sense of wellness
It has a holistic approach
It is mainly the approach that makes it different from other techniques. It understands the interconnected nature of human body and treats the main cause. It also helps in reducing the reoccurring conditions. It is known for having positive effect on circulation, nervous and lymphatic systems.
It has gentle techniques
At Align Body, we use a range of gentle, hands on techniques which aims to restore
muscle function and improves joint movement and flexibility. Our techniques include:
• Soft tissue stretching and cross fiber/longitudinal massage therapy
• Sustained trigger point pressure
• Gentle joint manipulation
• Mobilization techniques
• Muscle Energy techniques (MET)
• Biodynamic Craniosacral therapy
• Lymphatic drainage techniques